A Wish By A User: Groupfunction

Hey Guys,
here is a wish from a user.
It would be very nice if there would be an option to make groups. I think that would really improve my use of Diaspora and that of many others. A group function is a basic tool to keep in contact and to communicate to each other. Please do this!
Love,
Arne

Hi wonka and thanks for coming on these forums.

Many diaspora* users are asking for the group feature to be added. There is already an issue open about it on our bugtracker. The problem is, we simply don’t have the resource to do it at the moment. If you strongly want this feature, please make a donation on it on bountysource and advertise it to find a developer who will do it.

Thank you for your interest!

There is already an issue on github and you can add money for that issue on bountysource. But that wouldn’t guarantee that this feature is coming faster, also creating posts here on discourse doesn’t help to create this feature faster. See my comment on this post for why the feature isn’t there already.

Alright! I didn´t know that. Thank you for the links!

2 Likes

There’s also this existing discussion in Discourse about groups – and this one, and this one – and now there’s another.

It’s always a good idea to use the search function before starting a feature request thread, because otherwise we end up with multiple discussions about the same topic.