Adding text/mention on top of a reshared post

Hi!
It is frustrating not to be able to add comment or mention somebody when resharing an interesting post. You generally do it for purpose or with somebody in mind, so resharing something without being able to mention the person you wanted is meaningless. Adding this feature would make resharing more appealing and greatly increase Diaspora* activity !

Note: This discussion was imported from Loomio. Click here to view the original discussion.

We are just being trolled now lol :smiley:

https://www.loomio.org/search?utf8=✓&search_form[query]=mention+comment

Proposal: Feeding the trolls

I propose we keep feeding the trolls as they are very hungry.

Outcome: N/A

Votes:

• Yes: 0
  • Abstain: 0
  • No: 0
  • Block: 1

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.

Sorry, I’m not sure to really understand your reaction. The other topics you refer to are not the same thing than the present one in my opinion. They talk about comments whereas I am focusing on the reshare feature.

However, I’m new here and despite my tries to find an analogous topic I may have missed it (so many things! Difficult to have a clear idea of what has already been discussed and/or decided). Is that the case?

@globulle You can already comment on a reshared post. There is a loomio thread about enabling mentions in comments. (You commented on that one)

I am not sure if I understand you correctly but I think that is exactly what this thread is about.

Please also note that Loomio is not an issue tracker. We use github for that.

@rich1 Srsly? I think we should help ‘newbies’ instead of calling them trolls. (unless they are trolls ;-))

Mentioning in comments would partly solve the problem since we can share something and write the name of somebody below. But that’s not exactly the same thing:

• It would be then written below the post : this is much less convenient when you want to catch the attention of your friends, and in the case you want to share something you disagree with/you want to denounce you will not take the risk to be misunderstood
  • You need to re-work on your post, so this is a two-step procedure

I think that the windows asking for confirmation of re-share, could be extended with a text field allowing for writing a few words or mentioning somebody.

What’s being asked for isn’t comments on reshares, but a top message from the person resharing, to add their reason for sharing, add tags, and mention people they know who they would like to see that post. Essentially, what FB does with reshares.

Yeah I get this point and would like it too. Twitter has this too, well, at least the good clients, haven’t used the web site for a long time.

(I have modified the title of this topic to make it clearer)

Another good improvement of the Reshare feature would be to be able to change its privacy : sometimes we want to reshare a public post to our friends only instead of the whole world. Maybe I should open a new thread for this.

Another good improvement of the Reshare feature would be to be able to change its privacy : sometimes we want to reshare a public post to our friends only instead of the whole world. Maybe I should open a new thread for this.

There has already been discussion about that and it was decided not to implement that, so a new thread wouldn’t be a good idea.