Birthday Notification

I’m définitvely in the same mind that Augier and Goob…
Shortly => Againt this proposal…without discussion

Longer : d* should be something different that FB or TW or what ever you want. d* should be something that we all together imagine, not a simple copy of something that a big company impose today to us. Why do you think that standard people could come on d* from FB for example, if d* is the same that FB!?!? Could you imagine what could be the requirements for hardware and money to only have 10% of the FB todays user? Considering the difficulty our community have already today to make his own way, thanks to only so few people!?

I personnaly can’t code (and I probably never can) but if I could, I really like/appreciate to code my own feature something special or my own software from my own needs or my fun.

Please use your own mind to propose us real new and unattended features to show the world that people are not zombies…

Hope it’s quite english (i’m french :wink: )

Hope it’s quite english (i’m french :wink: )

It’s almost correct :wink:

It is a function a bit stupid to spend resources on it, development time and server resources should be invested in relevant functions not seem to damn facebook.

@bh if you are doing it in old way there is no need of tech i think that it will be an awesome feature … social networking sites are for making people’s life easier and making them connected and that what this type of think will do so i think people like @jhass may think on this. Diaspora* is an amazing place and this can make it even more amazing

Hi,
sorry to bump this old discussion. Birthday notifications have since been implemented, but from my personal point of view, it brings unwanted noise as I do not use D* to communicate with friends.

Is there a way to disable them?

Thanks

You can disable mail notifications in the settings, and for in-app notifications there is this issue:

I was talking about the in-app notifications. It’s nice to see that work has begun in this direction. Thanks for the link