Blog post about the API

Last blog post was 6 months ago, the API is a change big enough to talk about it outside of diaspora* IMO. Do you think we should write a blog post? Do we have any feedback about it yet? Is there anything more you want to say that hasn’t been said in the DHQ post?

Not until it’s actually released and thus available to a wide audience.

No.

No.

1 Like

Perhaps we can write a blog post reading ‘The news is that there is no news.’

1 Like

To wait for the stable release seems fair enough.

Joking aside, I’d really appreciate if someone comes up with a good post explaining what we’re currently working on, while making absolutely clear that nothing is stable yet. Would be a good way to show that we are, indeed, still alive, but I’m concerned about raising expectations and leading people into coming back to diaspora* wanting to test something that’s not there yet. :confused:

What are we talking about? The seed migration feature and the API? I could put together a draft, but I’d need help with the technical details.

1 Like

Besides a lot of internal changes that nobody really cares about, looking at the Milestone on GitHub, a couple of things are noteworthy:

• Profile photo upload allows for direct cropping. (#7581)
  • Image uploades will be resized automatically if they’re too large. (no more “too large” erorrs when uploading from a mobile device, for example) (#7734)
  • Support for migrating accounts has been added to the backend (#7660), exposing the user interface is pending, but being worked on.
  • The chat has been removed, as it is unmaintained and somewhat out of scope. (#8069)
  • An API is now available and currently being tested and polished. (various PRs and contributors)

Happy to help out on technical details. If you have questions, feel free to reach out, or we might also open a thread in the less-public sections of this Discourse to collaborate on a text :slight_smile:

1 Like