Bountysource

And now you’re going to have to fix another issue to test that, what a shame!

Or you fix something and test yourself :stuck_out_tongue: (Too bad, was fixing things anyway… :wink: )

@goob @flaburgan and anyone who wants to read through. I finally wrote a draft blog post: https://lite5.framapad.org/p/hjVruCmjb6

Please make edits if you want - lets post this out monday-tuesday?

An image would be nice for the post. Anyone want to scratch together something that illustrates supporting diaspora* with cash? :slight_smile:

Hey, that looks really good, nice work. I won’t want to do too much to it, but I’ll have a look tomorrow and do a bit of rewording. Thanks a lot.

@goob I’d really love to publish this maybe tomorrow - it’s only a blog post after all :slight_smile: Maybe you can do some edits to the published post during the weekend?

Sorry, my mistake - you saying publish mon/tues made me think for a minute that today was Friday - realised after posting and corrected it.

I’ve actually read through and made some edits now - will try to get them on the pad now (edited in OpenOffice so of course I can’t paste the whole lot into the pad as my edits won’t show up, bah).

@jasonrobinson OK, have added my edits. It looks as though I’ve changed a lot more than I actually have, because simply moving a word changes its highlight colour.

Main things I wanted to change was that ‘frequently requested’ rather than ‘urgently needed’ features sometimes don’t get implemented, which sounds better, and to move the para about the benefits of BountySource above the ‘how does it work?’ section. I’ve also reworded the opening sentence of that para, to remove the detail about funds which d* can’t use the way they want to, just feels safer not to even mention that at this stage.

Thanks a lot for your work on this, and sorry the highlighting makes it look as though I’ve totally hacked away at your prose - I haven’t!

I’ll be signing off for the night in half an hour, so ping me now if you’ve got anything you want to discuss with me before posting it.

Heads up, the correct stylisation is: Bountysource

(lowercase S)

Will post this once Dennis fixes the 500 error in the admin panel of the project site :slight_smile:

@goob I changed the “we are in the process of setting up” thingy… I don’t think we have any concrete plans, not that I know of at least, so shouldn’t promise anything :slight_smile: Open to discussion on the plans though, would love to :smiley:

@faldrian what license is your image btw? Tnx for making that

@rich1 thanks, corrected!

@jasonrobinson Whatever you like, but “CC BY” should suffice. :slight_smile:

I changed the “we are in the process of setting up” thingy…

Sure, good thinking.

Sorry about the previous comment, wrong tab.
I added my comment inside the pad.

@jasonrobinson The 500 error seems to have been fixed. Would you like me to publish this tomorrow, if you’re busy?

Was on a company cruise - will publish asap :slight_smile:

Post done

Now waiting for DHQ to federate to my pod… :wink:

Have just reshared it, so hopefully you’ll receive that if not the original.

Did you forget the attribution for the image (CC-BY) or just decided that “whatever you like” was more adequate?

@faldrian sorry, added it now

@jasonrobinson thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone. Bountysource.com was abandoned for a long time but good news, it’s back and alive. They fixed a lot of issue and especially the github integration. It’s now possible again to automatically

• modify the title
  • add a label
  • modify the issue

when a bounty is posted to an issue.

We had that before, do we want to re-activate it? I would say yes for the label and the issue body, but I find the title a bit intrusive. What do you think?

1 Like