Bountysource

I thought this is still enabled, but just broke at some point and disable and enable again didn’t fix it. If that is disabled now but works again, I think we can activate it again (we had label and issue-body enabled, not the title). Hopefully this also fixes the old issues where the amount in the issue body is now wrong because the integration stopped working.

It should still be enabled, apparently. Because when I try to add it, it shows “Tracker has already been taken”. So either Fla or Jonne have it enabled, or it’s still broken.

Yeah, it’s still quite broken. I see diaspora/diaspora in https://www.bountysource.com/teams/diaspora/projects/manage but clicking on it doesn’t actually work. I can click remove but if I reload it’s just there again.

Fun fact: the GitHub thingy actually gets set up at https://www.bountysource.com/tools - don’t ask me why. Also, that loading screen takes ages, even through the progress bar jumps to 100% immediately.

Ah, I could re-authorize there and then get rid of some yellow locked bubbles. Let’s see if that helps anything.

I noticed that it is currently impossible to find diaspora team using the search at Bountysource, though direct link works fine.

I’ve given the diaspora BountySource a shout out a few places and even contributed some, so if it wasn’t working I’m glad if it is again.

I’ve noted that it only shows $430 in active bounties despite many issues including some saying they are being worked on not showing as part of that. It would maybe be more encouraging to involvement (both contributing and encouraging development working towards issues folks value with their $) if more of the bounties showed. I’m not sure why more doesn’t show, maybe there is a reason I’m missing.

New here so forgive me if this is not the right place or something covered already elsewhere.

For example there is a $200 bounty on resizing images client side that shows as active but isn’t showing anyone working on it, but a Seed Migration Wizard has $150 but doesn’t show as an active bounty though I think there would probably be more interest in that if people saw it more easily.

Right now it seems the amounts are just a token of appreciation when someone does the work, I feel if more showed and it was promoted a little the bounties could easily grow to something that motivates picking up issues.

To all you who are doing the heavy lifting, keep up the amazing work and I’ve tried to throw in more there than my two cents here :slight_smile:

Now only $225 in active bounties are showing despite a lot of additional contributions. Currently it seems like there is over $3000 people have put up towards various features.

As someone who has thrown a bit in to incentivized development myself I’d like to know that potential bounty hunters are able to more easily see those incentives to be motivated to work on them.

Is there a reason that many of these other items are not active bounties? It doesn’t seem to be related to somebody showing as working on them, do they have to be “approved” some how to show as active?

I have no idea how bountysource counts “active” bounties, maybe you can ask the bountysource support why it is that way? Maybe thats a bug?

I will see what they say. I just didn’t know if there was some obvious explanation for it I was missing and should be aware of.