Connecting with each other on Diaspora*

I thought about posting this to Social Media group, but I guess more people will see this if I post it in the main section.

What I would like to propose is this: the community members who are actually working on Diaspora (and thus, participating in the discussions here at Loomio) should connect with each other on Diaspora. This would be a good thing because, we could actually use Diaspora for important announcements and ongoing discussions. Then, we could reshare each other’s posts and therefore gain more exposure to the greater Diaspora community.

This will lead to more casual users of Diaspora knowing what’s going on and the like.

The basic proposal is to use Diaspora more actively when it comes to announcements and discussions that need a more wide audience, since many people who care about Diaspora are actually there and not here on Loomio.

So the first step would be to interconnect with each other on Diaspora and start with the whole community discussion and announcement thing.

If you want to connect with me, my Diaspora ID is petar@petrovic.io. I would be happy to connect with everyone here and reshare useful posts regarding Diaspora development and participate in important discussions that mandate a more wide audience.

Note: This discussion was imported from Loomio. Click here to view the original discussion.

Here is mine : chevreuilaffriolant@diasp.org

But I already share with a lot of guy who are here. I think you should share with DiasporaHQ and then start sharing with everyone you find in his profile. DiasporaHQ reshares a lot of posts of the devs.

Of course, I started this thread so that everybody can connect with everybody. Just to build a decent community on the actual platform we are working on. Thought that might be useful.

I think this is actually a really good idea; it’ll allow us to more easily collaborate together in the stream. :slight_smile:

mine is deadsuperhero@joindiaspora.com

Fla also raises a good point; part of the new purpose of DiasporaHQ is primarily used as a signal-boost for Community Devs that need help with their code.

I’m goobertron@joindiaspora.com.

how about http://www.editgrid.com/user/groovehunter/diaspora-community-users

(yes, I’m on it, too, somewhere) :stuck_out_tongue:

jaywink@joindiaspora.com now, jaywink@iliketoast.net as soon I/someone does a simple data import script so I can migrate :slight_smile:

Groovehunter publicly announced he would depart since he was unhappy how things were going so I wouldn’t really trust that list staying there for long :slight_smile:

Hopefully we can use the new Diaspora Project site somehow for listing central community persons Diaspora handles?

@Jay: Actually, each Diaspora profile comes with a field for a handle, so we could probably build on that a little further, if you’d like.

@Sean yeah noticed as I edited my profile yesterday - good stuff!

j4v4m4n@joindiaspora.com is my handle. We need groups sooner!

Hopefully we can use the new Diaspora Project site somehow for listing central community persons Diaspora handles?

There’s already http://diasporaproject.org/get_involved - albeit very out of date.

Hi Praveen - haven’t seen you for ages. Hope all’s well.

A new directory for active contributors will be at: http://diaspora-project.org/supporters; if you want I can make each person’s pod handle appear under their name.

if you want I can make each person’s pod handle appear under their name

I think that would make sense, yes

I am a collaborator, sweet! krassmus@pod.geraspora.de since my old diasp.de account was cut from the rest of the network.

I have a new Diaspora* ID, had to migrate to a new host, unfortunately.

petar@paracin.me

I’m robinstent@diasp.eu, some of you found me already

Great idea.
I am not a developer, but I would love to help out, even if with suggestions and reacting to other people’s suggestions. Connecting on Diaspora is a good idea.

I’m out of time at the moment, but I will help to spread diaspora in the future :slight_smile:

MatAL -> mat@pod.geraspora.de <- Outreach

i am tubbo@s.psychedeli.ca