Diaspora* at FOSDEM 2016

Guys, I’ll be happy to make a design, for the card or flyers, if you got any previous ones, please do send. Any content ideas for the flyers too.

Just e-mail me at hola [at] pablocubi.co.

Really excited to meet you there! I’ll be on Brussels until Feb 3rd, and then on Berlin until Feb 18th, if any of you is on any of those cities, we’ll be happy to meet after FOSDEM.

I guess that discussion is separate and already discussed once when it was accepted :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think things got discussed at the time Roboto was adopted…

The position of the asterisk doesn’t bother me, but there are other things about Roboto I’m not keen on. However, it is the font of choice for Diaspora branding until we’ve had a proper discussion about whether to change it.

@hola, it would be wonderful if you’d be happy to design some materials. Thanks a lot. And thanks again to @jasonrobinson for chasing suppliers, and other work.

I am coming fellas . Its my first time so I will be overwhelmed and it might take me some time before I reach diaspora stall but I would volunteer atleast on sunday afternoon or so.
It would be great to see some promotional materials as discussed above. Great work guys :slight_smile:

Finally booked my flights, damn holiday season, just hadn’t got around to it. Arriving on Friday, since hostel is so cheap and flight was same price so thought I’d arrive to be there from the morning… and have a look at some pubs on Friday of course :wink: Anyone else around Friday evening for some beers? Leaving back on Sunday on a 7pm flight.

I’m staying at Hello Hostel in the centre - I know it’s not near the conference place, I prefer a more central location :wink:

I didn’t have time to ask UnixStickers for mass prints, so maybe next time. I’ll hopefully get the order to Stickit.fi done tomorrow for the stickers (approx 150mmx40mm “diaspora*” in Roboto, individuals, cut to shape).

For the flyers I’ve asked a quote for 500, one sided, approx A5/A6 size.

@flaburgan will you be able to get the T-shirts?

@zauberstuhl how is that winflag coming along? :slight_smile:

@jasonrobinson the traditional drink event of friday evening is at the delirium bar. Join us there!

Unfortunately, I won’t get the shirts I think, I’m not able to find the name of the company who printed some to me 6 years ago, this is the only cheap place I know…

@jasonrobinson I’ll book tonight. Maybe I join you on Friday :slight_smile:

https://sechat.org/uploads/images/scaled_full_af9ea6512828c4a63c06.jpg

As I’m living in Brussels, I can also help out. And if someone is ready to sleep in an appartment with children, he can also use our couch :slight_smile:

@flaburgan OK, I guess the t-shirts are not really needed. I had an idea that maybe we could have name tag kinda things for each person “working” at the table - just with project logo and person name. Make it easier to be identified. Good idea?

@zauberstuhl awesome <3

@benoitmajerus great!

@jasonrobinson I really like the name-tag idea!

maybe we could have name tag kinda things for each person “working” at the table - just with project logo and person name.

Maybe you could have name tags in the style of D* hovercards…?

Maybe you could have name tags in the style of D* hovercards…?

Funny idea :smiley: @hola / anyone for a design? Could print at work, glue to some cardboard and attach to lanyards :stuck_out_tongue:

@jasonrobinson I am staying at the same hostel. I’ll arrive on Friday … probably around 5pm.

and still driving with the car http://bit.ly/1sw3awH I can pick up one person!

Cheers

A bit.ly link redirecting to Google…? aargh!

and you clicked on it!

I know. I’m such an idiot… :stuck_out_tongue:

@zauberstuhl : You live in Karlsruhe !?

I’m all the way in the States so I couldn’t have gone anyway. I might do such an event some time down the road for the Corning Free Software Movement (https://freeculturecorningny.wordpress.com/) after I set up freespora and willow-glass-tree (Corning Inc. has a product called “Willow Glass” hehe). It is just far too early in the movement and I don’t want to eat more than I can chew, so to speak.

I’m so excited, can’t wait! Over 2K beers!

Also, FOSDEM sounds cool too :wink:

@augier yes :slight_smile:

@jasonrobinson me too!!! btw we could drive with my car from the hostel to FOSDEM or we could take the bus… doesn’t matter :slight_smile: