Diaspora* at FOSDEM 2016

@zauberstuhl you can still provide a better picture and it can be uploaded to the blog in place of the existing one.

Hey guys I’ve been on vacation and very disconnected, sorry I missed these messages. If you need any help with lanyards or anything, ping me here!

Ping @hola :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been swamped with work lately, so this week haven’t done much in terms of preparations. I do however have 1000 stickers which I will bring with me :slight_smile: They arrived yesterday. Not super quality, kinda had to rush the order in. And to keep things in a sane personal budget, they are not any fancy high quality stuff. Also, I kinda underestimated the margin a bit, so the cut is not perfect - but anyway, we can spam the place with stickers, which is better than nothing :slight_smile:

Attached a photo with a 2€ coin for size reference.

The idea was to have a kind of mix between sticker and flyer, so that is why it says 1) what diaspora is and 2) where it is. Cut to shape nice laptop stickers another day…

However, I would have loved to have some kind of ID plates, if nothing else, just have “diaspora* crew” or something and print out 5 or so with lanyards and wear those whoever is there.

I’m not sure I can get this done since I might not have access to a printer + laminating machine before the flight. Anyone?

Dear Flaburgan,

This email contains a lot of practical information. Please read it completely.

Your stand will be located on the ground floor of the K building, in group C.

Attached is an image of the ground plan. Note that this is just a draft; the scale of the tables is an estimate and the spacing between stands is somewhat arbitrary.

We’ve assigned the stand places as follows:

K building, ground floor, group C

1. FSFe
  2. FSFe
  3. FSFe
  4. Diaspora
  5. Owncloud
  6. TOR
  7. Wikimedia
  8. Mozilla
  9. Mozilla
  10. Hack the Knit and Libre Graphics Magazine

Shipping

Do not under any circumstances ship anything directly to ULB or to the mail address of FOSDEM. We have no storage space in either location and your shipment is more than likely to be lost if you send it there.

If there are things you need to ship ahead, and there is really no possibility to arrange with someone local to receive your shipment, contact us, and we will see what we can do. We will not accept any shipments that we have not agreed on beforehand.

Timing

Build-up starts from 9:00 on Saturday. Visitors will start arriving around 10-11, and you can expect it to be properly busy by 13:00 (end of the keynotes). The Saturday program ends at 19:00; you’re expected to be
out of the building at that time.

For the night between Saturday and Sunday, there are overnight storage rooms in the H and K buildings. You can also leave stuff at your stand overnight; the buildings will be closed overnight, but we cannot guard the hallways on Sunday morning. We also cannot provide any insurance or take responsibility in case of damage or theft. We do have security staff on campus at all times.

Sunday starts around 9:00-10:00 and the teardown starts at 17:00. All stand holders are expected to help clean up the area around their stand, and the tables and table cloths should be returned to the collection point by the stand holders. Your stand area should be cleared and
cleaned up and the tables returned to the collection point by 17:30.

Various

We provide a number of table cloths, but you are more than welcome to provide any on your own, especially if you have something like a banner for your project.

We will provide you with a power socket. If you require more than one, please bring extension cables. Note that Belgium uses type E sockets: http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/
If you need any adapters, make sure to bring them along.

High-speed Internet uplink will be provided by means of WiFi everywhere. If you have a device that requires a wired ethernet connection, bring a bridge device with you.

Please respect all emergency exits, fire extinguishers and other safety material. They will be marked-off by tape on the floor; we kindly ask that you help us keep them accessible.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at
stands@fosdem.org

Thank you for your participation and see you in Brussels soon!

Kind regards,
Wynke.

Wow, quite a location!

@jasonrobinson it’s awesome to be on the groundfloor. And just next to mozilla, that will be easier for me :slight_smile:

Would be great to have some leaflets in addition to the stickers hmm. Anyone quickly print some? :smiley:

Well if we have a png this afternoon I can print some but I’m definitely not able to design one.

@jasonrobinson @flaburgan do we have a solution for the names now? Otherwise I would buy transparent film and print some hovercards (I really like your idea) :wink:

If you want that as quick solution I need all the names I have to print!

@zauberstuhl that would be awesome if you could do that :slight_smile:

The names in the poll who will be there are as follows:

• Jason Robinson
  • Flaburgan
  • Lukas (zauberstuhl)
  • Benoit Majerus
  • Steffen van Bergerem
  • Pablo Cúbico

I think also @augier has said he will come and @pavithrans even though they haven’t indicated whether they want to participate “working” at the stand.

Also, maybe a few extras without a name wouldn’t hurt. Do you have enough lanyards? I have some, maybe 5 with various companies names on them :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome if you could do this!

Also I know @tomscott is coming and the podmin of idoru.pl and mmm many others, maybe someone will want to stick around :slight_smile:

I cannot promise whether I can manage that with in the short time but as workaround I would by
adhesive foil. So that we can stick the names at least to our shirts.

@flaburgan how about this? Anyone able to print some? I might be able to print some tomorrow… if someone else can, please do!

@zauberstuhl @steffenvanbergerem

Forgot file :slight_smile:

Ehh buggy loomio

Original too, if someone wants to modify

@jasonrobinson I can print a view (~20)

FYI: It is not perfect. But for the short time I guess it should work out :wink:

Question; Should we add the lanyards to the top or the right of the hovercards?

Wow @zauberstuhl those look awesome <3 So cool :slight_smile:

I’d say to the top, seems better to me.

New versions, added user metrics and minor tweaks. Don’t worry if someone has printed some already. And please, comments and fixes if anyone wants to feel free :slight_smile: