Diaspora* at FOSDEM 2016

There’s a draft on the blog based on Jason’s account: https://blog.diasporafoundation.org/11

Will be posted soon.

Ok, so let’s drop it !

I propose the following caption :

diaspora* was present at the FosDem 2015. This video summerizes two days of crazyness and and meeting great people.

Music and video editing by Augier (augierle42e@diaspora-fr.org)

Edit : It’s now online. Just waiting for a go :wink:

@goob Please change the link to my profile in the blog post to https://pod.omgsrsly.net/people/6273149f1c8881f5.

Done. sorry, I thought that was your old account, as the pod appears to be down at the moment.

as the pod appears to be down at the moment

Srsly? I don’t see any problems.

Have just sent a PM to that account - let me know if you don’t receive it.

Awesome, looks good :slight_smile:

Just wondering should the two so far published interviews be there too? Here and Here.

There should be one more from me and I think @zauberstuhl was interviewed as well.

@augier should the video be in the blog post or separate post or just spammed out?

I think it should be in the blog post. It has been uploaded in private for now. Just waiting for a go for the caption text.
I also think that I’ll take shots of the interviews in another video editing.

OK I changed the title to be unique, added the video and the interviews.

OK to publish? @goob @augier

@dennisschubert if I push publish, since this ID is 11 and the newest published post is 12 - will this post still be shown at the top and not as second? If not, we should create it as number 13.

Ok to publish for me. I switch the video to public.

I’m working on the second video wich title will be What about diaspora ? It will last 5-6 minutes and regroup clips from the interviews.
I’m sad because I couldn’t shot entierely one of the interview of @jasonrobinson, but it will do the trick.
If someone wants to assist me on the editing, I can share the kdenlive projet.

Edit : I’m a bit worried because one of the Jason’s interviews starts with the sentence I’m here in FosDem with Jason from diaspora, the one and only open-source clone of Zuckerberg’s foundation taht wants to know your girlfriend’s underware size and if you could please share with the world. I like the starting of the sentence I’m here in FosDem with Jason from diaspora but I think we would like to avoid the previous reputation of Facebook clone or Facebook killer, isn’t it ?

@jasonrobinson yes. the guy told me he will send me an email if it is ready for publishing.

@zauberstuhl : Wasn’t you interview in geman ?

@augier nope

@jasonrobinson I included links to the two interviews already - they’re in the ‘press’ paragraph under ‘who was interested in diaspora*’. I think it works well to have them mentioned there, but perhaps it’s better to mention them there and say ‘links below’ and have the embeds at the end, like you’ve done.

@augier that’s a great vid, thanks!

Thanks @goob. I’m editing the interviews I’ve done with the 5 members thant were on FosDem. They are all cool except @jasonrobinson’s which is in partly unusable because of ambiant noise :confused:

Great work, thanks. Look forward to seeing the interview vid.

@jasonrobinson I’ve just listened to your interviews, you did a great job and come across really well in the interviews. I’ve just embedded the HPR audio at the foot of the blog post, so people can get straight to your interview. Hope that’s OK.

I’d say let’s publish it as post 11, so save messing around. I don’t think it matters that much if it doesn’t appear at the top of the list, as any links to it (such as in a DHQ or Twitter post) will still open it in full.

Here is a first raw editing of the interviews. There’s still some problems with the sound (e.g : @hola’s interview is a bit low) and image problems (e.g @zauberstuhl and @jasonrobinson’s insterviews are blurred). I have to see if I can make this better. I also have more material, I have to see how to include those.

I also thought I could include videos of the UI of diaspora and maybe some figures about the network (number of users, post, etc…) and code.

I’d say let’s publish it as post 11, so save messing around. I don’t think it matters that much if it doesn’t appear at the top of the list, as any links to it (such as in a DHQ or Twitter post) will still open it in full.