Diaspora* hackathon at the Mozilla Paris office

It would also be nice to plan what we want to work on / discuss about.

Hi,
Thanks for the initiative.
I’d like to come but since I just started a new job, it is difficult for me to have some days off to be present during four days. Is it possible to only come two or (hopefully) three days ?
Anyway, I live in Paris, so if someone needs a couch during the hackathon, I can shelter someone in my flat.

I edited my vote for the days as “possible”. Unfortunately the days are not locked yet so cannot buy flights which are getting more expensive the closer it gets. Also, money is going to be a problem for me :frowning: It seems I’ll be going to FSCONS in Gothenburg in November to do a talk, so will need to buy those tickets and hostel there.

So while it would be fantastic for this Paris hackathon to happen, it’s not looking terrific for me at the moment, sorry :frowning:

Also, FOSDEM is only a few months away really from October, so maybe we could just have a hackathon there?

Also, FOSDEM is only a few months away really from October, so maybe we could just have a hackathon there?

I’ll be here too so it’s definitely a yes for me. We’ll have to ask for a room.

We’re already short of time at the fosdem when we only speak to people. Last year I didn’t have time to go to all the talks I wanted. I don’t want to miss this perfect moment to meet people being busy hacking. So, a hackathon at the fosdem: good idea, but not during the fosdem itself, but the days before / after.

I saw with the mozilla employes and the 8-11th of october looks better. Let’s fix this date.

I just had my courses planning. I’ll be at school during this period. I’ll finish at 15h30 on thursday, though, so I’ll be able to spent some time with you guys at the end of the afternoon and I only have very boring lecture on friday so I might skive :smiley:

I saw with the mozilla employes and the 8-11th of october looks better. Let’s fix this date

is it fix ? :wink:

is it fix ? :wink:

Nope, it has to. That’s why he is going to PR the date. :slight_smile:

I think it’s time to discuss what everyone need in term of material and information. As I’m the only one to prepare this in Paris, please let me know if you need something before you get there.

Okay I need to fix the date with mozilla as soon as possible, if we didn’t validate before the end of the week it will be too late. So: who is really able to attend? if @jasonrobinson cannot come anymore, who’s still there? Do we want to postbone that to the week before (or after) the fosdem?

@goob @florianstaudacher @steffenvanbergerem @zauberstuhl

I can attend at the weekend for sure. I am just not sure about Thursday.

But I have no problems with postponing either :slight_smile:

The date is fixed: we have a room for 12 persons available in the mozilla Paris office from Thursday 8th of October to Sunday 11 of October.

It is still possible to cancel it if we have problems.

Thanks for mentioning me, Fla. It would be great to meet you all, but I’m unable to travel. I also can’t hack, for that matter…

I’m unable to travel.

So the next meetup will have to be in London?

I also can’t hack, for that matter

This is also about discussion about the project and the community, how do we want to organize ourselves, etc…

@flaburgan dumb question… can we sleep in the office?

Last time I asked, it was not possible, because of insurance (if there is a fire or stuff like that). Depending how many we are, I was thinking about to rent an appartment with airbnb to stay together, or to ask for people to sleep on their couch :slight_smile:

sure thing I have no problem with that !

there we go https://sechat.org/posts/765829