Diaspora Presentation

@flaburgan your presentation is great. We could extend it and bring in some points @ivangabrielmorn brought up.

Being new to Diaspora, I have to admit I’ve found it incredibly difficult to find a way to contribute anything meaningful in ways outside of coding. I don’t have the skills to code but I do have a lot of organizational / public engagement / analytic skills that I want to contribute. Despite the wiki, the Youtube videos, general observation, and a ton of research over the past months, I still don’t have a grip of where we’re at, what the major ideas are right now, where people are thinking of taking this project, the wider status of open source social networking, etc.

I’m interested in this presentation, but beyond that, I’m interested in being a part of a community conversation. Where/how can we make that happen as well?

@taylormcleod well, we always need help with the wiki. currently in particular concerning the move from github to our own mediawiki.

see: http://wiki.diaspora-project.org/wiki/Category:Github_transfer_done

@taylormcleod being here giving your opinion is already great. To familiarize yourself with the project, feel free to explore our new wiki.

Here are the things you can do excluding development : Translation, Support / Help (you can follow #diaspora and #newHere on Diaspora* and answer to any question you find), Spread the word (write blog post, invite your friend), submit bug you find on Github.

If you are a little bit technical, you can host a Diaspora pod too !

@florianstaudacher @flaburgan Thanks for the tips mates. I’m also registered for a class on D* through a website called Eliademy. You’ve probably heard of it. Should be super good to get dialed in. You’ll be seeing more of me I hope and perhaps sometime in the future we could grab a virtual cup of coffee and chat about where things are at.

Eliademy is run by Jason Robinson, who’s part of this Loomio discussion group. Sounds as though you’re already getting stuck in - well done.

A presentation I created sometime back https://diaspune.onlinegroups.net/r/file/23096-2011-11-06T042958Z/thediasporastory.odp

Would be cool to collect these in the wiki, I think there is a section there?

@jasonrobinson @mataloutreach do either of you have the template that you can upload (or email)? I have had no success with the moo link (or the tinyurl link on the wiki). I updated the wiki page with Fla and Praveen 's presentations.

Also in line with Fla’s comment about an HTML presentation there is reveal.js / rvl.io

@stephenmarsh
Sorry, my link in the first post ist offline because I installed a new server - furthermore I lost this document :confused:

Maybe any other person could reupload my document?