Give us a "dislike" functionality

I personally find the like more interesting in comments than on a post. It means “I agree with the answer of this person”. Why is the like stuff interesting anyway? (or why do we need something else than only comment possibility?) In my opinion, because of the date of the reaction. It’s so hard to show you agree (or disagree) when ~8 persons already answered. And if you want to show you agree (or disagree) with a comment, it’s even worse. Imo, the like reaction answer to this problem: directly see that someone approves. And that’s why this kind of reaction is needed in post and in comment.

Now, it seems that we all agree “like” is not the verb we want to use. Let’s imagine together how this reaction could be, let’s create the future right now.

if you want to show you agree (or disagree) with a comment

I meant “to a comment”, of course.

the “like” (or whatever we call it) plays an important role as a feedback mechanism, posters can tell if they are getting “positive” feedback, so the community as a whole gets more of what they “like”

the “dislike” on the other hand i don’t think offers any such benefits

‘agree (or disagree) with a comment’ looks correct English to me - not ‘agree to a comment’. Whichever word you meant to use, I understood you!

I’d rather see a “thanks for sharing” button too