Housekeeping

Bit of housekeeping:

I think it would be a good idea to delete the group named ‘What is Community at Diaspora?’, because it’s really a discussion topic rather than a cohesive group.

Or you could change the group name to ‘General Diaspora discussion’ if you want there to be a general group.

Note: This discussion was imported from Loomio. Click here to view the original discussion.

Proposal: Remove the group ‘What is Community at Diaspora?’

Just think it would be worth doing this to tidy things up. The entire Diaspora Loomio group is called ‘Diaspora Community’ so general discussions can be placed in that root group.

Outcome: Seems to be majority support for closing this group and putting general discussion in the root group. Sean, over to you.

Votes:

• Yes: 6
  • Abstain: 1
  • No: 0
  • Block: 0

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.

Sorry, first attempt at creating a discussion/proposal and the default setting was only 2 days - I didn’t notice until it was too late.

Sean, if you agree the group should be closed, as seems to be the majority opinion, would you mind closing it for us? I don’t think it’s possible without admin privileges.

Thanks.

I can’t, unfortunately. As a non-admin for this subgroup, the powers to close it reside in Madame Philo.

Ah, right. Madame Philo, calling Madame Philo!

nobody else can do it ? oO

Sean, are you sure that as admin of the root group you can’t close/remove a subgroup of the group of which you are admin? Seems extraordinary if so.

No, it seems that I cannot. I will email Madame Philo about it today.