How to connect diaspora to wordpress

I am a new diaspora user.

I want to connect diaspora to my wordpress web-site so that:

• I can write a post in diaspora and have it published on my web-site
  • I can write a post in Word Press and have it published in diaspora.

When I try to link diaspora to WordPress, I get an error message:

When I click on Connect Services, I get the following error message:

Invalid request, please go back and try again.
Error Code: invalid_client
Error Message: Unknown client_id.

I’d much appreciate any help

I’m having the same issue. I cannot connect my Diaspora account to Wordpress. Consider this reply a “bump” of the thread.

This is likely in both cases to be a pod-level problem. I suggest you contact your podmin.

(I’m not a tech expert, so apologies if this turns out not to be the case, but it’s the logical first step to try to debug this.)

I think it only works with paid accounts on Wordpress, not the free ones! There are plugins available for the paid accounts that aren’t available for free accounts. That’s what the error seems to indicate.

Hey @rforsyth!

I think this might help you in regards to the ‘Wordpress TO Diaspora’ front: https://wordpress.org/plugins/diasposter/ It’s the plugin I use, works fairly well.

Do note: Plugins can only be installed on your own system, not on wordpress.org, where you would have to actually pay for a premium account for this to work.

I’m assuming that you’re a diaspora user, and not a podmin, in which case I have to agree with Robin, it appears things haven’t been setup correctly for the wordpress connection. You can at least use the diasposter plugin without having to be a podmin, but you WOULD need to either pay for a premium account on wordpress.org or setup your own wordpress instance.

Let me know how it goes, good luck buddy :slight_smile:

Yup, thanks very much! I’m “just a user,” and not willing to pay for a premium Wordpress, and unable to run an instance. I may in fact just move the whole blog to Diaspora!

1 Like