Multi picture upload

Hi

Just as an idea PicUP has a really nice feature that allows you to drag / drop multiple pictures in order to upload or even just single pictures.

It may make it more user friendly for new users coming from “other social networks” who expect these eatures.

Note: This discussion was imported from Loomio. Click here to view the original discussion.

You can already select multiple files to upload at the same time in your file-chooser.

Besides: You’re welcome to implement such a feature, looking forward to that. :slight_smile:

The drag and drop was also working when dropping the picture on the camera icon. Now idea if it still works with the new publisher.

I will have to try that, thanks

The drag and drop was also working when dropping the picture on the camera icon.

Wow, it totally works, wtf. I bet 99,9% of users don’t know that works :smiley: We should probably hint it a bit when something is being dragged.

Nice! Since that works, it would probably not be so hard to extend the drag & drop area to the whole publisher and show an overlay when the pointer in drag&drop-mode is held over the publisher… :slight_smile:

Id i hover over the camera icon with my mouse it changes colour (expected( if i try and drag and drop a picture it opens in hte browser,

by publisher i gyess youmean the text box, so yeah dropping a pic over that would be good, however user needs feedback so they know diaspira has picked that activity up, maybe publisher can change colour,

I already said it: Create an overlay in the event a mouse pointer with activated drag-drop-behaviour is held over the publisher (official name for the whole widget that lets you publish posts).

Wordpress does this with the file-upload when you want to add media to posts, so that would be a place to be “inspired” in code-form. :wink:

I tried drag images in 2 pods diaspora 5, the result is the same:
A problem occurred while loading the file.

I tried drag images in 2 pods diaspora 5, the result is the same:
A problem occurred while loading the file.

That must be a pod problem, because I just tried dragging-and-dropping multiple photos and it worked fine. So the software can do it.

I’m so pleased to have found this out. Thanks to @paulsutton for starting this thread, and to @flaburgan and @jasonrobinson for pointing out that it can be done!

Note that it doesn’t work on text area on BS3 version.