Option to disable followed tags in home stream

The main stream at /stream includes posts from contacts, as well as posts from all followed tags. It would be nice to have the option to view a stream that is only posts from contacts.

I think a stream that is only posts from all followed tags should be available at /follewed_tags (perhaps it already is, but I’m not seeing it at the moment on joindiaspora.com).

This would be a more Facebook-style feed, and I’m not sure that that’s what everyone wants, which is why I suggest it be optional. For me, I would prefer it as the default, because I want to be able to use Diaspora as a replacement for (and improvement on) Facebook, and I want my non-techie friends to feel more at home when they first arrive.

Note: This discussion was imported from Loomio. Click here to view the original discussion.

It would be nice to have the option to view a stream that is only posts from contacts.

This is the /aspects stream

I think a stream that is only posts from all followed tags should be available at /follewed_tags

This is the /followed_tags

Use the left column to display the stream you want.
Looks like what you want is more to be able to choose the default stream. I agree this could be a nice setting.

Yeah, that’s probably a better solution. Also, for bringing in people from Facebook, or Twitter of similar networks the /aspects stream would be the best default. Probably not for users from Reddit or other more globally-focused networks though.