Proposal Diaspora name in sign language

@Asher :

@augier This might be true written or spoken but it is not true signed. Facebook is signed differently by different communities.

I’m sorry, but this is false. Facebook has exactly the same sign language signs that French language and English signs that sign language Spanish for example.

But a number of the deaf do not know some words, my brother for example signed “FB” to say Facebook but learned that he had a sign on its own. Since it uses the common sign.

Furthermore, it might be true since almost no compagny translate their TM in sign language, leaving deaf people the task to do it.

I consider creating the sign to translate “diaspora*” as a step towards this largely ignored community.

Yes, this is also a problem. I think it is not the user to choose the communication work must be done by the team. Also I think we need to create a team of communications / marketing for D *

Also I think we need to create a team of communications / marketing for D *

There is already ‘outreach’. There’s a sub-group especially for that here in Loomio.

Ok, I did not know! Sorry!

Sorry, I do not understand enough English to know if you agree or not to leave this task to the deaf people :slight_smile:

I think that would do it without consulting them are crazy and end descición is their rightful.

sorry about my english.

Oh !! I really want to work in a team of communications for D*, particularly in Spanish and Galician languages

@juansantiago

[ES] Por hecho, le expliqué que la comunidad sorda no puede elegir uno. De hecho, se sienten atraídos por la red social, primero tendrían un interés allí, en segundo lugar, no hay suficientes términos técnicos informáticos para explicar lo que D * y TI en general. Creo que no es el usuario para decidir el plazo, pero “la comunicación del equipo” para hacerlo. Es un poco como decir “no, no ponemos el nombre del producto en el sistema Braille, que será la persona ciega que hacer”, me resulta igualmente ilógico !

[EN] By done, I explained that the deaf community can not choose one. Indeed, they are attracted to the social network, first they would have an interest there, secondly, there are not enough computer technical terms to explain what D * and IT in general. I think it is not the user to decide the term but “team communication” to do so. It’s a bit like saying “no, we do not put the product name in Braille, it will be the blind person to do”, I find it equally illogical !

PS : Thx google translate :stuck_out_tongue:

@stefofficiel

OH !! Braille is not a problem, it’s just another way to write the same thing.

photos attached by example in Spanish

@stefofficiel How is D* D + * in sign ?

@juansantiago Braille was an example of a metaphor …

Ok, I did not know! Sorry!

No need to apologise, @stefofficiel - I was just pointing this out in case you or anyone else wanted to get involved in that group.

I lack the perspective to know what’s easy or useful for deaf people, but I like the original proposition.

And if it’s alright with Stef, I’d like to upload it (or have it uploaded) to a Mediagoblin site. (decentralization, and all that jazz.)

@chris26 Okay, no problem for Mediagoblin ! Just, post the link here, and i update the principal post :wink:

Facebook sign :

https://goblinrefuge.com/mediagoblin/u/teslas_moustache/m/how-to-say-diaspora-in-sign-language/

I set the license as public domain. I can still change that, if it should be different.

I don’t consider a part of a language should be different than public domain :stuck_out_tongue:

The language, sure. But the performance? The person’s likeness? I wasn’t sure.

An illustration would be good, so that it could be put in a book. I’ll see if I can work on this. I’m not so confident in this type of art, so I would encourage anyone else to make an attempt.

The language, sure. But the performance? The person’s likeness? I wasn’t sure.

NP ! @stefofficiel is already in public domain ! You can do whatever you want to his body ! \o/

@augier You fucking love my body right ! :-D

Proposal: Adopt StefOfficiel’s sign as the official ISL sign for “Diaspora*”

The proposed sign is illustrated in this video:

https://goblinrefuge.com/mediagoblin/u/teslas_moustache/m/how-to-say-diaspora-in-sign-language/

If we agree that this should be adopted as the official International Sign for Diaspora*, we then need to figure out

1. whether or not the sign conflicts with other words or phrases in the ISL dictionary.
  2. how a sign is entered into the ISL dictionary.

Outcome: N/A

Votes:

• Yes: 11
  • Abstain: 0
  • No: 1
  • Block: 0

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.