Proposing to re-invent our public-facing web assets

:+1:

I only have a small note to the guide section: for first time itā€™s nice to have a hand-holding version, but the returning visits need the ability to actually pick the page Iā€™m interested in without clicking through 46 steps. :slight_smile:

Good thing there is a ā€œShow all instructions on a single pageā€ link below the ā€œinstall diasporaā€ button, which you can even bookmark.

Having multiple websites for one project is unacceptable and is just causing extra confusion. Information should be straightforwardly accessible and should obey common sense and intuition. I can help with refactoring this.

@denschub I have only now discovered the post about re-inveting the project site and visited the sites.
A absolut great idea to just start a new work and lets see if this is widely accepted - and it is!

I wish, Iā€™ve found the redesigned installation sites earlierā€¦

My 50ct to this:
To quickly translate larger amount of markdown paste it into Deepl translation machine - it makes readable translated texts and keeps formatting.
For a first shot to fill up the main languages it should be worth a try.

@denschub from the issues list of the project, which ones are blocker to see the new website published? All except the search feature I would guess?

All content issues, yeah, and that list probably isnā€™t complete. I just filed those issues to have some kind of tracking. Also check the pad-link I shared privately on March 4th.

I know Iā€™m late to the party so please feel free to ignore, but I think ā€œdiaspora.socialā€ or ā€œdiaspora-social.orgā€ would be clearer. Just ā€œdiaspora.orgā€ would also look very professional.

1 Like

(I think diaspora.org was the 1st thing I punched-in to try opening my account. :))