Rename Social Media group to Outreach

Then it covers everything about communicating with the outside world, promoting the project and the service and getting more people involved.

Note: This discussion was imported from Loomio. Click here to view the original discussion.

Proposal: Rename Social Media group to Outreach

Then it covers everything about communicating with the outside world, promoting the project and the service and getting more people involved.

Outcome: N/A

Votes:

• Yes: 0
  • Abstain: 0
  • No: 0
  • Block: 0

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.

Votes:

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.

Votes:

Outcome: So with some yes, some abstaining and no-one against I think that’s proposal carried

Votes:

• Yes: 6
  • Abstain: 5

While we’re on the subject, can someone give me access to the group in question, I’ve got a pending request

@Goob - there is no Outreach group and I think discussions about participating in local RUGs or organising internships fall within that and would clutter up the root group. Social Media also falls within the category Outreach so I thought it made more sense to broaden the scope of the existing group than create a new one.

Have just added you to the social media group.

I do think it’s actually a good idea to expand the scope a bit. The Social Media team was originally intended for suggestions on social media strategies, and for volunteers to help run the DiasporaHQ accounts for Facebook/Twitter/Identi.ca/etc.

In all seriousness, it’d be cool to expand this into a further outreach initiative, so I’m voting yes on this.

Ok so looks like this is getting renamed. Sean I think you set up the group can you do the honours?