Should diaspora* jump into the "flat trend" bandwagon?

I agree with @goob @hola @ryunoki

Do whatever you want as far as initial user style experience is concerned just possibly highlight that it’s called style options and we have them. It’s the core of free software make whatever push it out there to the first time and seasoned and it eventually takes.

Theme’s of experience are the past to be kept and developed further more for the future. who knows when the next blockbuster computer movie is going to come out and everyone will want to have there computer imitate that style.

Proposal: Should Diaspora Just Bank Users Based on Decentralization and Utility functions and not a centrally manifest Style of presentation

-Agree: Yes I would like to showcase Decentralization and code utility as separate from presentation. in belief that more people will be in honest effort of usable fun diaspora promotion as opposed to large scale evil forces making diaspora look like a unworking ugly mess and marketing it to the masses.

-Disagree: No I believe this will fracture a user style agreement system. placing some at a disadvantage for not having as efficient or mind alteringly perfect system to work with. I don’t think the diaspora community is large enough for use to create a custom tailor trade of people doing clothes and diaspora style configurations.

Outcome: The proposal is too confusing and was blocked.

Votes:

• Yes: 6
  • Abstain: 12
  • No: 7
  • Block: 15

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.

I think it’s better to publish an API for skins developing and each pod, can make decisions about your using the default template, modify, create one or borrow.

I only ask of God that the default template is kept light.

I’m afraid I don’t understand this proposal at all.

IMHO this is just an open discussion and doesn’t need a proposal.

As for @goob , I don’t really understand what’s the deal here. Can you be more clear?

This is basically a philosophical question about Diaspora’s direction : should it become a minimalist emotion-less communication tool or a cozy social hub?

I guess we should choose both directions. Even today we got a lot of pods that customized their look and design. Once we changed to using bootstrap this should even be more easy by importing bootstrap themes.

If you want to change the default-design, that shouldn’t go with a philosophical discussion but with mockups and probably with a test-server so that everyone can say what he/she doesn’t like on the new design.

@rasmusfuhse I started my own pod for that purpose on Heroku, to test Bootstrap porting before merging, but I can’t create an S3 account for the images, Amazon tries to do a phone call, which never happens and the validation fails… will do it on a VPS maybe next week.

Funniest vote and result in the history of d* on Loomio :smiley:

Is another month really needed for this vote? Although it’s good for the comedy value I suppose.

Let’s close this proposal a reformulate everything.

I’ll miss this proposal when it’s gone.

Do you like the discord? :slight_smile:

@goob
Remember when you thought it was clean look?,
I understood it was to make it more complex, as g+, twitter, etc.

I think if the author does not clarify the proposal, only we have lost time.

1 day left!

it makes sense to have a barebones default presentation … with an option to ‘bolt-on’ added functionalities?