Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04

I know some pods are running on 20.04 without issue but am wanting to know if there’s anything I need to lookout for with doing an upgrade from 18.04 to 20.04 on a currently running pod? Everything is currently running fine on 18.04 for me but would like to upgrade to 20.04.

Thanks!

As far as I can tell from looking at the wiki changes, it’s pretty much exactly the same. You might have to install the gsfonts package, but other than that, everything should be fine. Let us know if stuff goes wrong, tho. :slight_smile:

The gsfonts package is already needed on Ubuntu 18 for the captcha to work, so he should already have that. The upgrade shouldn’t be a problem, but I don’t know if ruby or some gems need to be recompiled because of updated libs?

Well, all of them. Running bundle pristine takes care of that. Maybe we should add that to the FAQ/docs somewhere?

So, would these be the steps?

Shutdown diaspora and disable the service so it doesn’t auto start
Upgrade Ubuntu to 20.04
Reboot
bundle pristine
Re-enable diaspora service and start it

Yes, but as said, if you used rvm, it could also be needed to do rvm reinstall 2.6 before the bundle step, since ruby was also linked against your old libraries.