URGENT: create landing/splash page

Alright, I think this ‘vote’ passed. As all Germans are sleeping now, I created a temporary CACert to show up until I have the final certificate ready tomorrow (thursday).

I’m going to post a quick update as soon as I am ready!

Just a thought, if you feel you need more people’s OK, you could @-mention them in this thread so they get notifications.

Thanks, @goob, but remember we always can decide against using that certificate later. I just wanted a quick ‘okay’ from a few persons as we are in a hurry. :slight_smile:

Awesome @dennisschubert - great idea to get the cert donated and of course any donating organizations deserve a thanks :slight_smile: Site looks absolutely awesome, good work guys, especially @goob of course :slight_smile:

@dennisschubert I’m okay too, let’s go!

@taylormcleod hi, nice to see you back. The current situation (about who own what) is better than the previous one. The github organization grew, the access to the diasporaHQ account was shared by Sean with goob and me, and nothing is done “in secret”. But we still have person owning things, and this could be a problem. However, the only solution to that is to set up a foundation.

Aaaaaand there we are! Globally trusted wildcard ssl certificate on diasporafoundation.org. And I just set up an auto redirect to ssl. :slight_smile:

Great stuff! Thanks a lot to you and your boss.

@dennisschubert , I’ve just noticed a small error that has crept in: on the About page, under Freedom, on the blue ‘Find out more’ button the HTML code for the right angle quotes is appearing in the page as »

Also, when you click the ‘Join Diaspora*’ button, it jumps to the sign up section fine, but the title is obscured by the black bar. All the other intra-links seem fine.

And I wonder whether some different wording might be better rather than ‘Join Diaspora*’ for the sign-up button - simply because it’s too close to joindiaspora.com, and one thing we need to do is move public perception of Diaspora, and joining Diaspora, away from thinking exclusively about joindiaspora.com towards awareness of decentralisation and the range of different pods.

@goob i’m working on the wiki right now, so I cannot work in the project site. the whole site is open sourced on github, so you can submit a pull request, if you want to: https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora-project-site

if you don’t want to fix it, please open an issue at github or nobody will remember your points tomorrow. :slight_smile: thanks!

Ah, OK, I didn’t realise it was on Github. I’ll try to fix it myself. Thanks.

I did some small internal change: the html syntax was not valid.

Is this solved?

diasporaproject.org does forward to a revamped https://diasporafoundation.org/ even with SSL. What other actions are there to be taken and where can those action items be seen?

Yes, Wilhelm, it has been completed by Dennis.

So can this discussion be close?

You can’t close a discussion on Loomio, as far as I’m aware - only proposals, and there is no open proposal.

If people don’t bump the discussion, it will sink down the list (as it was doing until you bumped it).

Why are you so keen to close it?

Please don’t close until we finished the blog and the planet. :slight_smile:

Hm, blog.diasporafoundation.org now redirect to the main page, there is a lot of website outside which link to the blogposts, we should let it in place…

I agree, definitely something that needs to be fixed. I do believe we are in the process of getting the blog system put in place.

@dennisschubert, any word? :slight_smile:

The old blogposts can be found on github, they have to be restored.

(and at the same url, if possible)