Word/tag filter option?

@mikemacgirvin Thanks for the suggestions, that’s a great piece of insight. :slight_smile:

@mikemacgirvin That sounds very much like what I’m thinking of. Thanks for sharing your experience.

If you focus on the large projects, the small ones will never get implemented. I found this out the hard way.

But I agree with @goob and @mikemacgirvin as well :slight_smile:

@mikemacgirvin : good suggestions !
@goob : You’re pretty right, maybe I escaladed too quick. It sounds really good to me. This eventually is an important feature (unless it doesn’t come to censorships and other craps)

Yeah, I think me mentioning that L4COF person in my original post reminded you of that frustration a bit @augier. I know what that’s like! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, that stupid troll pissed me off all the day. Luckily, tonight (it’s currently 00:49 in France) is the first day of The International DotA2 finals ! ^^

Well I like the flow of ideas here. And how quickly this idea evolved. I say we implement ALL TEH THINGS!

You mean implement DotA 2 on Diaspora ? Challenge fracking excepted !

No @augier :stuck_out_tongue:

So what do we do now?

Find someone that would be up for coding the feature?

Shall we has a vote? :stuck_out_tongue:

Should we vote on something without a developer to speak for the feature? Maybe someone wants to volunteer some time into it.

I think we should have a feature similar to NSFW. Something like IDW (I Don’t Want). The users should be able to decide which all tags should be added to IDW. It can be done via a textbox in settings. While presenting the stream, a crosscheck should be done with IDW to see if a post should be presented or not.
Just my suggestion.

(unless it doesn’t come to censorships and other craps)

Allowing individual users to choose what type of content appears in their streams cannot be censorship - because it doesn’t prevent any content from being written or posted, it just allows people to choose what they are going to read. There are millions of blog posts out there, and the fact that I decide not to read a particular blog - there are other things to do in life, after all! - isn’t censorship. The blog is still there - I’ve just chosen not to read it. Likewise posts in Diaspora - they will still be posted and visible to other people, but I’ve chosen not to see them in my stream because I’m unlikely to be interested in them. By filtering them out things I’m not interested in or don’t want to see, my stream becomes more populated with things I am interested in and do want to see. It’s as simple as that, from a conceptual point of view.

Allowing individual to choose, that’s the word. I addmit I didn’t understand this that way the first time :wink:

Facebook has this messed up 1-bit resolution with content you don’t want: You either follow or don’t follow the PERSON or ORGANIZATION. So to give the user(s) more freedom to choose which TAGS to see and not see is a good way to prevent alienation from those you talk to. IDW sounds fantastic.

I’d rather see a Bayesian Classifier used so that rather than telling it specifically what posts you like/dislike, the pod can be trained to recognize them. We already sort of have that information gathered with the “Like” button, we’d just have to add a “Dislike” button and have the pod tokenize and classify the content of the message.

That way, the pod can figure out if you don’t like certain posts in a way similar to how spam classifiers work.

I agree with @goob re: it is possible and has been brought up before. Although clearly for obvious reasons i support this thread remaining open for all to vote & see it at least.

Crap, I’ve lost sight on what we’re talking about here. It went from one subject to another and now to another XD So what’s the final verdict here if there IS one? -confused- What’s up?