XMPP chat not working anymore

Hi and Happy New Year !

My Diaspora* pod works correctly but since his morning, my XMPP chat is KO. Here are the logs :

Jan 15 10:06:09 mod_c2s error Traceback[c2s]: /etc/prosody/modules/mod_auth_diaspora.lua:77: attempt to index upvalue ‘connection’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/etc/prosody/modules/mod_auth_diaspora.lua:77: in function ‘getsql’
/etc/prosody/modules/mod_auth_diaspora.lua:89: in function ‘get_password’
/etc/prosody/modules/mod_auth_diaspora.lua:113: in function ‘test_password’
/etc/prosody/modules/mod_auth_diaspora.lua:128: in function ‘test_password’
/etc/prosody/modules/mod_auth_diaspora.lua:150: in function ‘plain_test’
/usr/lib/prosody/util/sasl/plain.lua:74: in function </usr/lib/prosody/util/sasl/plain.lua:38>
(tail call): ?
/usr/lib/prosody/modules/mod_saslauth.lua:77: in function </usr/lib/prosody/modules/mod_saslauth.lua:66>
/usr/lib/prosody/util/events.lua:78: in function </usr/lib/prosody/util/events.lua:74>

[C]: in function ‘parse’
/usr/lib/prosody/util/xmppstream.lua:271: in function ‘feed’
/usr/lib/prosody/modules/mod_c2s.lua:265: in function ‘data’
/usr/lib/prosody/modules/mod_c2s.lua:288: in function </usr/lib/prosody/modules/mod_c2s.lua:285>
/usr/lib/prosody/net/server_select.lua:879: in function </usr/lib/prosody/net/server_select.lua:861>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
/usr/lib/prosody/…/…/bin/prosody:400: in function ‘loop’
/usr/lib/prosody/…/…/bin/prosody:431: in main chunk
[C]: ?

We can still join the chat with a web client but the module mod_auth_diaspora.lua seems not to work anymore :confused:

Anyone could help ?

This sounds like the module fails to connect to the database. Make sure the database credentials in the prosody configuration are up to date and that the database is reachable by your prosody server.

1 Like

Nothing has changed on my server. Only the version of Prosody (now it is the v0.11.2)

Didn’t Prosody 0.11 update to Lua 5.2? Maybe you’re missing some packages like lua-dbi for your Lua 5.2 installation.

I ran into problems when using prosody 0.11 relating to the Lua version changing from 5.1 to 5.2

Rolled back to 0.10 and problems resolved. Not really an ideal solution but better than being stuck with 0.9

Also, am unable to use D* to start prosody when updated beyond 0.9 so have had to set it up to run standalone and disabled server: in the diaspora config. Working for me.