Blogging for DiasporaFoundation.org

Since action on the blog is clearly hitting off - I’m closing the proposal. If someone feels strongly about closing the blog, please raise a proposal, tnx.

Maybe I could have access to the blog?

Haha - might help in writing something to it :wink:

Since @flaburgan already has access to the Diaspora HQ account, I had no objections adding an account for him. Done.

We should create votes for further user additions, though.

@jasonrobinson about the image, I totally agree but don’t know what to present. The global stats are mostly false because of the ghosts account on joindiaspora. The table is not fine to screenshot, and the last graph only display on pod at a time. Could you improve the last graph to allow users to select several pods at a time?

And… the blogpost is online

Just disabled the post… I’ll fix some grammar and spelling mistakes before publishing again.

Please do this before publishing it…

I had already edited it, but it looks like some new text (with mistakes) has been added since.

@dennisschubert I’ve just edited it again, so you can make it visible again. Thanks for the alert.

Thanks goob! I was doing some fixing, too, but you were faster. Unfortunately, you destroyed the markdown, so please… pay attention. :slight_smile: Looked like you just c&p’ed the text from the frontend or something.

Btw, even unpublished blog posts are available at https://blog.diasporafoundation.org/[ID], but they won’t be in the RSS feeds or the blog index. Great for testing formatting options. :wink:

Anyways, it’s back online.

Hmm, that’s odd, because I edited the post in Fla’s Framapad (which has the markdown) and copied it from there to make sure the markdown wasn’t lost, so it should have been present.

When I view a blog post in the admin panel, including the previous community anniversary one, it strips out the markdown in that view, even though the markdown is still in the post. I wonder whether that’s what has happened, because I pasted the post from Framapad, including markdown.

ps: I’m happy to do text editing for blog posts and other communications, because you’ve got more important things to do!

Fla’s pad lacks line breaks and also added some conventional bullet points, not the markdownish stars. That was causing the issues… :slight_smile:

When I view a blog post in the admin panel

Use the front-end to view it! You can replace the “2” with the ID of your draft, even if it’s not published: https://blog.diasporafoundation.org/2 :slight_smile:

I’m happy to do text editing for blog posts and other communications

Sure. And your English is better… But I wasn’t sure if you were online/available. :slight_smile:

Ah, I didn’t notice the missing line break, oops.

Use the front-end to view it!

Yes, thanks for that tip, I’ll use that in future.

But I wasn’t sure if you were online/available.

Sure, I wasn’t telling you not to do it! But you’re welcome to ping me if editing is needed and I’ll do it if I’m around and can.

Must go, good night everyone! And thanks, Fla and Dennis, for getting the blog going again.

Btw, even unpublished blog posts are available at https://blog.diasporafoundation.org/[ID], but they won’t be in the RSS feeds or the blog index. Great for testing formatting options. :wink:

Was not aware of that, that’s why I published it. Thank you for your reactivity!

Oh it’s live, cool :slight_smile: Should really be shared on DHQ as well, no one will find it otherwise :stuck_out_tongue:

Will post, thanks @flaburgan !

Btw, any possibility to open up comments on the blog?

Aww fok it - it was posted - the post just never made it to my pod. Federation :frowning:

And of course joindiaspora.com wont delete the dupe post… we really need the official account away from there or the pod fixed :(:(:frowning:

The pod fixed would be better :stuck_out_tongue:

the post just never made it to my pod. Federation :frowning:

Correction - the post did make it to my pod, but my pod’s sidekiq had crashed :stuck_out_tongue: Filed a bug, if someone knows what it could be - https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/issues/4989