Community Blogging

This is just a quick space I’m putting together to discuss blogging/planet functionality.

Note: This discussion was imported from Loomio. Click here to view the original discussion.

Proposal: Offer hosted blogs from the Diaspora Project site for Diaspora project members

In an effort to put a wider level of exposure on our community activities, I originally put together a Planet on Diaspora. Planets are used for syndicating feeds from user blogs, and in this situation I think it’d be very useful to give Diaspora developers a space to talk about what they’re working on. It’s important to keep our discourse not only on Diaspora, but front-and-center on our project’s site to show the outside world what we’re up to.

Not all of our project members have a hosted blog, though. I think we could do a lot of good by offering our project members the ability to blog directly on the project site, which would then be syndicated to the Planet to be mixed in with blog posts hosted on other sites.

Outcome: Hosted blogging will be offered alongside “fetching” blog posts from external community blogs for D* project members.

Votes:

• Yes: 2
  • Abstain: 0
  • No: 0
  • Block: 0

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.