Connecting the pod with tumblr

Hi, i’m struggling this prompt : ’
┌──(diaspora㉿debian)-[~/diaspora]
└─$ RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake db:create db:migrate
WARNING: Namespace production not found in /home/diaspora/diaspora/config/diaspora.yml
FATAL: Diaspora doesn’t know where your certificate authorities are. Please ensure they are set to a valid path in diaspora.yml’.

Please help me to figure this out.

Kind Regards

1 Like

You need to set your certificate authorities in the diaspora.yml/diaspora.toml to the path where they are on your distribution. The above error happens if this isn’t set or is set to a path that doesn’t exist.

1 Like

'configuration: ## Section … environment: ## Section … url: “https://knowledgeeee@iviv.hu” certificate_authorities: ‘/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt’ require_ssl: true … server: ## Section rails_environment: ‘production>’ ’

like this ?

Also i updated the certificates and installed and activated openssl and ssh server debian side.
‘url: “https://knowledgeeee.iviv.hu”’ is also not working. I’m confused to compile the right url. :blush:

Kind Regards

As long as it’s not just one long line like this, it needs to be formatted like in the diaspora.yml.example/diaspora.toml.examle (depending on which format you use, but it looks like you’re still using yml).

The URL is just the domain on which the pod is running, the “@” you have in your config above is for sure wrong.

It also looks like your pod is already running at https://iviv.hu/ and then the URL should also just be that.

But it’s also weird that your pod looks like it’s running perfectly but it’s still complaining about the certificate authorities. Did you change the config recently and it’s now broken? Or do you try to setup a second pod on a subdomain?

‘config/diaspora.yml’ is saved alike :

configuration: ## Section

environment: ## Section

url: “https://iviv.hu/
certificate_authorities: ‘/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt’
require_ssl: true

server: ## Section
rails_environment: ‘production’

buts its still prompting me the same. :frowning:

Then it should work, as long as /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt also exists. But I still don’t understand, how is your pod running, but you can’t execute migrations? Also why are you trying to execute db:create if your pod already is running and also already has a database?

If you want to connect to tumblr you don’t need to run migrations, just add the secrets to the diaspora.yml and restart diaspora. And if you would have broken your diaspora.yml when adding the tumblr secrets, then you probably would get a different error that you have invalid yml, but that the file is still readable but the certificate authorities don’t work anymore is a very strange problem.

My source is eldernode and howtoforge. I did it all once, but i got an authority related prompt in the end. So i got over this ‘config/diaspora.yml’ point before. I’m doing it in a new setting so i don’t know. Thanks for your expertise. The scattering will help me for sure.

First, please use our own installation guides at Installation - diaspora* project wiki, other guides are sometimes pretty outdated.

And I still don’t understand why you want to re-install diaspora on a new server, when the title here says you want to connect with tumblr which you can just do on your existing pod. If you need help with moving your pod to a new server, that would be a completely different topic. And the most important point with this is, that if you want to re-install/move your pod that should run on the same domain again, you would need to import the database of your existing pod instead of db:create which creates a new empty database which then would break federation with all usernames that already existed in the database of the existing pod.

So please tell what exactly you have done and what you are trying to do, but so far the thing don’t make a lot of sense. Again, “connecting with tumblr” and “re-install/migrate to a new server” are two completely different things.

got it :slight_smile: i’m not so much into server related topics. seems you are be right. thank you a lot for explaining. my current option is to follow this eldernode and diaspora tutorials :

Also i will tryna to connect the pod alike your steps.
Feel free to contact me via loans.peril.0e@icloud.com for an detailed advice.

*here the authority related error prompt : Troubleshooting 'diaspora-web.service Active: failed' & 'certbot'