Connecting with users from other pods

Hi there!

My name is Victor and I am a new Spanish user at Diaspora. I signed up in tovari.ch but I’m willing to chat with other people from other pods. I’ve seen a lot of the users of my pod have IDs with other different domains than “tovari”, and I would like to know how they managed to do that: if you can migrate from one pod to other and maintaine the same ID, if you can stay in several pods, or if it is possible to chat to others regardless of which pod each user belongs at. Or any other thing… Thanks a lot!

This. :slight_smile:

diaspora* is a bit like the eMail system - it doesn’t matter if you’re alice@googlemail.com, bob@live.com, or victor@selfhosted.example.com. Everyone can send messages to everyone, regardless of what pod they’re on!

Yes indeed, as Dennis says, you need only a single account on a single pod to be able to interact with people across the entire Diaspora network.

You might find it useful to read the step-by-step tutorials on our project website covering the basics of how diaspora* works, and how to get connected with people.

Hope you enjoy using Diaspora!

1 Like

Oh yes,

I understand now. What happened is that I was watching posts with the tags I am following. Unfollowed tags and post went away. I am glad I can watch posts from all around Diaspora no matter whose pod is located. Same as private messages like chat.

Thanks both for answering!