Cucumber spills out long error texts

By running cucumber on latest dev, every feature has lots of errors:

Unexpected inner loop exception: unknown keyword: type: unknown keyword: type: ["/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/page.rb:466:in `block in register_event_handlers'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:209:in `block in process_handlers'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:207:in `each'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:207:in `process_handlers'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:185:in `block in process_messages'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:175:in `loop'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:175:in `process_messages'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:215:in `block in start_threads'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/logging-2.3.0/lib/logging/diagnostic_context.rb:474:in `block in create_with_logging_context'"]

Is it just me or has any other developer similar problem?
I got literally hundreds of this messages between the tests

Did you follow the instructions at Testing workflow - diaspora* project wiki ?

3 Likes

yes, I did (it again now) but it seems not be a missing template or wrong environment. I guess something between cucumber-apparition… No clue.
I ignore it in the meantime.

can you launch one single test and paste the full output here?

The line I posted is the message between Tests.
I’ve uploaded a full cycle here:

Yeah I also have this, I don’t know where this is coming from :man_shrugging:

The CI also has it: New registration page · diaspora/diaspora@211b755 · GitHub

1 Like

So for the record, this is a problem in the Apparition lib: https://github.com/twalpole/apparition/issues/80
It has been fixed and merged, but no new version released yet. This has been requested there: https://github.com/twalpole/apparition/issues/81
I posted a “up”, if we have no news in the coming weeks, we may want to apply the patch in the diaspora* codebase.

I saw people using gem 'apparition', github: 'twalpole/apparition', ref: 'ca86be4d54af835d531dbcd2b86e7b2c77f85f34' in there gem file to load the last commit fixing the problem even if there is no new release. Is this something we should do? Or as we’re hosting some gems ourselves, push a version there?

They still didn’t do any release so I propose to bump to the commit: Bump apparition to a commit to avoid warnings while running cucumber by Flaburgan · Pull Request #8330 · diaspora/diaspora · GitHub