Cucumber spills out long error texts

By running cucumber on latest dev, every feature has lots of errors:

Unexpected inner loop exception: unknown keyword: type: unknown keyword: type: ["/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/page.rb:466:in `block in register_event_handlers'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:209:in `block in process_handlers'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:207:in `each'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:207:in `process_handlers'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:185:in `block in process_messages'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:175:in `loop'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:175:in `process_messages'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/apparition-0.6.0/lib/capybara/apparition/driver/chrome_client.rb:215:in `block in start_threads'", "/Users/thorstenclaus/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.6@diaspora/gems/logging-2.3.0/lib/logging/diagnostic_context.rb:474:in `block in create_with_logging_context'"]

Is it just me or has any other developer similar problem?
I got literally hundreds of this messages between the tests

Did you follow the instructions at Testing workflow - diaspora* project wiki ?

1 Like

yes, I did (it again now) but it seems not be a missing template or wrong environment. I guess something between cucumber-apparition… No clue.
I ignore it in the meantime.

can you launch one single test and paste the full output here?

The line I posted is the message between Tests.
I’ve uploaded a full cycle here:

Yeah I also have this, I don’t know where this is coming from :man_shrugging:

The CI also has it: New registration page · diaspora/diaspora@211b755 · GitHub

1 Like

So for the record, this is a problem in the Apparition lib: https://github.com/twalpole/apparition/issues/80
It has been fixed and merged, but no new version released yet. This has been requested there: https://github.com/twalpole/apparition/issues/81
I posted a “up”, if we have no news in the coming weeks, we may want to apply the patch in the diaspora* codebase.