Diaspora* statement

The first sentence is derived from our code of conduct and I think some small errors happened while copying that part so I’d like to fix those:

before:

diaspora* provides all kind of creatures - regardless of age, bodysize, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, sexual identity, or orientation - the opportunity to connect in a decentralized social network.

after:

diaspora* provides all kind of creatures - regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation - the opportunity to connect in a decentralized social network.

I’d consider this a minor edit that doesn’t affect the proposal.

We need to list all of this to see all of this. Not listing makes it invisible. And that is exactly what I dont want! If we forget someone or someon feels not listet - just tell and it will be added.

@comradesenya this is to get an initial baseline out that everybody can agree on. We have loose plans for a second proposal to either do what you suggest or what @blume suggested above, embedding it into diaspora, depending on where further discussion after this leads.

I like the idea of the statement and the text itself. I also support the idea to show it on the signup page. While on the other hand I doubt a lot of people would recognize it appropriately. Actually I think that sentence “Be excellent to each other” is great enough to arouse the curious user’s interest. So directing the user to the text through a link (instead of showing the text itself) could do us a great favor.

@jhass I completely support the idea of putting the statement linked with “Be excellent” text. If it what is voting about, then I agree. However the voting says “link to the blogpost” which I’m not sure I agree with. My “no” voice still doesn’t disallow the proposal to pass, so I think I can leave it as is for now.

Hi, by curiosity I watched the “be excellent film” and well, I would not really advise it because I did’nt like it…

Oh. Too late. The vote is closed. I’m again this statement, cause it’s created in time time, as the ccc published their statement. Now it’s just a hype and as I saw a lot people are hyping the statement but they don’t live this statement. Some are trolling in the background or send other user to troll. User says be excellent and mean only their own bubble. If other people are in a dirty discussion, then they say nothing. For me it’s just a hype and will be forget.

Proposal: d* statement

publish the statement as discussed

Outcome:

Votes:

• Yes: 0
  • Abstain: 0
  • No: 0
  • Block: 0

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.

'I would switch that to read ‘Stay calm, and be excellent to each other’ :wink:

1 Like