Editing posts - possible?

I can create a comment and it will federate.

Not reliably, at the moment.

Then I can delete the comment, and it will disappear in federation, too.

Not reliably, at the moment.

So why couldn’t my edits also federate?

It wouldn’t be reliable.

To be or not to be reliable, that is the question.

We would like to add this feature to Diaspora and have written a software specification in a Google Drive document that is shared by the following link:

We have written scenarios and step tests. Please review. If you think anything should be changed or added, please use the Google Doc / Drive comment system (select/highlight text, right click, select Comment (or CTRL+ALT+M), write your comment).

We will do our best to make sure we incorporate comment suggestion into our development, but we cannot guarantee they will make it into the final pull request.

ITpedia Solutions is funding the full development cost to fix this issue and this currently exceeds the bounty offered. Please consider contributing to the bounty. Thanks for your support and input!

Yes please! I would like to see this new feature as well, together with a post history.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Any progress on this?

Not recently. The protocol changes have been done, now an UX has to be imagined.

There are too many open topics about posts edition. I close this one in favor of Feature proposal: Editing of posts

1 Like