Embed LBRY.tv video-links same as youtube-links

LBRY.com is a decentralized(think torrent) content-creators platform built on blockchain principles.

It’s been gaining traction, and has an active developers #community.
It feels more d* like than dtube and bitchute. Maybe that’s just me.

i think it’s the next best thing in the #opensource community and should support it because of that.

Here’s their roadmap presentation for 2020

(our pod is 0.7.12 and it doesn’t recognize the format, unlike this forum which does :grin: )

Looks like they use OpenGraph video tags.

This should be as easy as adding the right URL whitelists to https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/blob/develop/config/open_graph_providers.yml

Not that I quite get the benefit of a decentral platform with a centralized frontend :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe just as a decent alternative to YouTube? AFAIK anybody is capable of using the LBRY protocol to make their own frontend but I don’t know if that is a thing yet. I use lbry for video sharing instead of YouTube and it would still be nice to have the video embed into diaspora the same way other services like YouTube do.

Any effort to move away from big-tech corporations would be good.
Besided LBRY links also invidious instances would be highly appreciated. Even though the initial invidio.us site has terminated, there are several instances up and working quite well.
I use invidious.tube myself as redirect for youtube video’s.
There are also federated video and audio initiatives (Peertube, Funkwhale). I would love to see those added as in-frame playback or even as automagic redirects.