Issues with setup

I have setup issues when I run ./script/server command
I installed all dependencies .
these logs are in my eye_processes_stderr.log file
it has 2 warnings…

I, [2022-09-11T11:14:14.016153 #11670]  INFO -- : listening on addr=0.0.0.0:3000 fd=17
E, [2022-09-11T11:14:14.071062 #11670] ERROR -- : connection to server at "::1", port 5432 failed: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"
 (ActiveRecord::ConnectionNotEstablished)
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/activerecord-6.1.6.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:83:in `rescue in new_client'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/activerecord-6.1.6.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:77:in `new_client'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/activerecord-6.1.6.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:37:in `postgresql_connection'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/activerecord-6.1.6.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:882:in `public_send'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/activerecord-6.1.6.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:882:in `new_connection'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/activerecord-6.1.6.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:926:in `checkout_new_connection'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/activerecord-6.1.6.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:905:in `try_to_checkout_new_connection'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/activerecord-6.1.6.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:866:in `acquire_connection'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/activerecord-6.1.6.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:588:in `checkout'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/activerecord-6.1.6.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:428:in `connection'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/activerecord-6.1.6.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:1128:in `retrieve_connection'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/activerecord-6.1.6.1/lib/active_record/connection_handling.rb:327:in `retrieve_connection'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/activerecord-6.1.6.1/lib/active_record/connection_handling.rb:283:in `connection'
config/unicorn.rb:19:in `block in reload'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/unicorn-6.1.0/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:541:in `spawn_missing_workers'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/unicorn-6.1.0/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:143:in `start'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/unicorn-6.1.0/bin/unicorn:128:in `<top (required)>'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/bin/unicorn:23:in `load'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/bin/unicorn:23:in `<main>'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:22:in `eval'
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:22:in `<main>'
I, [2022-09-11T11:14:17.382586 #11682]  INFO -- : Refreshing Gem list
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/pry-byebug-3.8.0/lib/pry-byebug/control_d_handler.rb:5: warning: control_d_handler's arity of 2 parameters was deprecated (eval_string, pry_instance). Now it gets passed just 1 parameter (pry_instance)
/Users/fateme/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@diaspora/gems/zeitwerk-2.6.0/lib/zeitwerk/kernel.rb:35: warning: ⛔️ WARNING: Sidekiq testing API enabled, but this is not the test environment.  Your jobs will not go to Redis.
root  ............................................  *debug      -T
- <Appenders::Stdout name="stdout">
- <Appenders::RollingFile name="file">
  ActionView::Base  ..............................  *debug  +A  -T
  ActiveRecord::Base  ............................  *debug  +A  -T
  ActiveSupport::Cache::NullStore  ...............   debug  +A  -T
  ActiveSupport::Dependencies  ...................   debug  +A  -T
  DiasporaFederation  ............................   debug  +A  -T
    DiasporaFederation::Salmon::MagicEnvelope  ...   *info  +A  -T
  Logging  .......................................    *off  -A  -T
  Rails  .........................................   debug  +A  -T

Hi, and welcome. The log says

FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"

so diaspora* can’t connect to your PostgreSQL database because the password was incorrect or the database server refused to even authenticate that user with a password.

If you followed our installation guides, then you have created a Postgres user with the username diaspora, and a custom password. You need to make sure that you enter those credentials into your database.yml, into the postgresql: &postgresql section.

1 Like

thanks for your answer
i created a new user for diaspora
and add its user and pass to database.yml

and now i have this error in my log file:
FATAL: database "diaspora_development" does not exist

Again, please have a look at the installation guides. Start from the top, work through the bottom, don’t skip things. Creating the database is part of that guide.

thanks !
finally its ok.
but now i have lots of import errors after run server in my :3000 page…

this is one of them… i commented the other ones to findout if there is more or not

Ah, you’re running the develop sources. Make sure yarn is installed on your system, and then run bin/yarn, which will install all the required frontend dependencies. That’s a recent change that’s not yet released, so it’s not yet part of the documentation!

If your plan is to run a production pod, please make sure to use the main branch, not the develop branch.

i’m happyyy thanks alot :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Brilliant, enjoy! Sorry for the extra trouble – the documentation will, of course, be updated when the release hits. :slight_smile:

1 Like