My name is Melroy van den Berg, a new developer of Diaspora*. Below I setup a list of to-do’s for me and I hope that other Diaspora users and developers want to help me as well, to make Diaspora a success!!
Software feature requests:
- Remove spaces before & after of the search input (a.k.a. trim).
- Implement DHT (Distributed hash table), to search users in a decentralised system.
- Improve common search (boolean expression searches).
- Improve admin user search by adding wildcards in query, so you do not need to enter the exact full name.
- Switch language based on IP-address (if not yet already implemented correctly…)
- Create a new Android app (the current Android app is 2 years old, never updated since)
- Uploading video’s in a decebtralised way, see: MediaGoblin.
- Make it possible to create ‘pages’ (like Google+/Facebook) for a company, organisation, product, community, …
- Make it possible to add a group discussion (several people) instead of only private conversation
- Add more color to the header & website, less gloomy
- Add more icons to menu-items (like, Stream Icon, Activities Icon, Like Icon) and such. This makes it more accessible, to find recognize the feature and adds more color.
- Improve stream page on mobile (currently blank page). Atleast add an one-liner like “Currently no messages” and a direct link to the publisher. Always better than an empty page.
- Add wysiwyg editor for markdown
- Create a beautiful and user friendly welcome page (both mobile & desktop): a _show.html.haml.example which can be re-named.
- Order stream post by date, importants, publicity, …
- Replace captcha code by a better alternative.
- Change text “Switch” to “Wissel” in Dutch language.
I’d love to hear what you think about it.
Thanks in advance!
Melroy van den Berg
Webmaster, Software Developer & Designer
Note: This discussion was imported from Loomio. Click here to view the original discussion.