It’s time to think about a governance model for our GitHub organization, being such a crucial part of the Diaspora.
First, simple draft:
- Not a single person, at least two elected ones.
- No special rights, the adminstrators should just fullfill the requests of the community, acting like collaborators for everything else.
- To increase responsiveness prefer the election of people in different time zones, ideally at least one person in CET, PDT, EST and HKT or JST. Due to the lack of people currently, one in central Europe and one in the US should give a good start.
- If election of a new admin team fails, the old one should keep in place until the election succeeds.
Tasks of administrators would be:
- Creating needed repositories and teams which have access to them on request.
- Deleting obsolete repositories on community decision.
- Keeping repository descriptions up-to-date
- Keeping organization profile up-to-date
- Reorganizing teams as needed.
- Adding collaborators on community decision
- Removing collaborators on community decision
- Removing collaborators on their request
- Adding existing collaborators to any team they want, unless the team has a special policy overriding that
Note: This discussion was imported from Loomio. Click here to view the original discussion.