New members

This discussion is a container for proposals to add new members to the diaspora repository.

Note: This discussion was imported from Loomio. Click here to view the original discussion.

Proposal: Add Fabian Rodriguez

He provides constantly very clean contributions and shows a lot of knowledge. I think he would be a great benefit as a core member.

https://github.com/fabianrbz

Outcome: N/A

Votes:

• Yes: 7
  • Abstain: 0
  • No: 0
  • Block: 0

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.

I’d say we got a majority, @seantilleycommunitymanager go :wink:

always more people to merge pull requests! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry about any delays. Fabian , welcome to our organization!

Proposal: Add Jason Robinson

Jason is a long term supporter of DIaspora and a professional developer. He’s willing to help us with release engineering and other git related tasks.

Outcome: No objections

Votes:

• Yes: 5

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.

Okay we got > 50%. Would someone mind?

Done.

Thanks guys - awesome, will try to be of help :stuck_out_tongue:

Proposal: Add Jonne as GitHub-Org admin

Currently, Sean and I are the only available admins of the GitHub org. It would not harm if we have another admin who is more involved in the projects development, for example to create repositories for needed Gems and stuff.

Outcome: Add Jonne.

Votes:

• Yes: 3

A bit of a long time for the vote? :slight_smile:

Let’s just close this vote, there’s no sense in waiting around. :slight_smile:

there’s no sense in waiting around.

3 of 10 members is not a very good rate. But if you say so…

Oh, and apparently @florianstaudacher got added, too. Fine for me, but this is not how it should work, @seantilleycommunit.

I don’t have a problem with it, if it’s fine by all of you.
We can also make a retroactive vote, if we want to formally acknowledge it :slight_smile:

Proposal: Add Steffen van Bergerem

@svbergerem
Steffen is providing constant, high quality work and helpful feedback to other contributors.

Outcome: Add Steffen

Votes:

• Yes: 4

Proposal: Add Fla

I think it would be a good time to add Fla to the GitHub organization. Talked here at FOSDEM with him and he is eager to help with issue control and pull requests :slight_smile:

Outcome: N/A

Votes:

• Yes: 2
  • No: 4

I appreciate that Fla has done a lot of valuable work for the project. However there are also pull requests like #5391 where Fla said multiple times that the PR is ready to merge while there were still some unaddressed issues each time that were mentioned before in the comments. Everyone makes mistakes but this behavior gives me the impression that Fla is not careful enough so right now I don’t think I can agree with this proposal which would give him commit rights. Please note that this opinion is not permanent.

I fear I have to agree with Steffen.

Adding to his points, my main problem is a certain over-enthusiasm, which I do generally see as a positive aspect of personalty, but when it comes to directly affecting the software in use of thousands of users that are not capable of understanding its development in full and in all aspects, I don’t think it’s at the right place.

Fla, I hope you don’t take this too personal, it’s not that we don’t like you or don’t value your contributions, we do tremendously, and we do hope that you continue them. And if this would be smaller project, I would have a different opinion, but I do feel your development style is just not quite there yet :slight_smile:

I have to agree with the raised points. However, I think this will improve over time, so I suggest proposing core access again next year. :slight_smile: