Organization Maintenance

Let’s use this discussion to gather discussions and proposals around the organization maintenance.

Note: This discussion was imported from Loomio. Click here to view the original discussion.

Proposal: Delete diaspora/xmpp-cookbook

Can be confusing whether it’s related to the new chat feature being developed, also all commits are upstream and upstream has additional work. There are no forks with additional work.

Outcome: The repository will be removed

Votes:

• Yes: 5
  • Abstain: 0
  • No: 0
  • Block: 0

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.

That should be majority, closing.

Proposal: Delete diaspora/omniauth and diaspora/rack-oauth2-server

We don’t depend on this repositories and they contain no code that isn’t in upstream.

Outcome: The repositories will be removed.

Votes:

• Yes: 4

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.

just fyi, I would have also agreed :wink:

Proposal: Delete diaspora/cubbies-firefox

Everything is upstream, upstream is further advanced and diaspora side support was dropped long ago anyway.

Outcome: The repository will be removed.

Votes:

• Yes: 4

So, next up are two repositories I’d like to transfer to other people.

diaspora/diff_mailer - An unfinished project whose sole contributor was Sarah Mei (@sarahmei on Github). I already mailed her if she’d like to have the repository transferred to her, no reply yet. Maybe someone wants to try via Twitter?

diaspora/jquery-debounce - Unmaintained and I don’t see where we use that. Creator and sole contributor here was Dan Hansen (@OhaiBBQ on GitHub). No idea how to reach him, @seantilleycommunit do you know one?

Since both these persons are hard to reach, what do people think about just transferring the repositories to their accounts?

I guess if they don’t reply, then we can just try to transfer them. I think github will then send them an email and maybe they will read that :slight_smile:

@jonnehass I work with Dan; I’ve sent him a message about the matter.

Dan says go ahead and blast it.

Still no reply from Sarah. Somebody wants to try Twitter?

Still no reply from Sarah. Somebody wants to try Twitter?

Done.

Thanks!

@Jason any reply yet? @deadsuperhero do you still maybe have contact to Sarah too?

Nah don’t remember at least and rechecked my Twitter notifications, none from Sarah.

We know she is active (last tweet 13h ago) so I think an email 2 months ago and a tweet 1 month ago is pretty good warning - it can’t be a very important repo for her if she can’t take the 5s time to even reply. I say blast it :slight_smile: