Terms of Service - 500 Server Error

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but for the life of me, I can’t find the answer. I am working on a new terms of service document, which is based on /app/views/terms/default.haml. I saved it as /app/views/terms/terms.haml and enabled terms in diaspora.yml.

The problem is that when I click on the “terms” link, the system produces a 500 server error. I don’t see any problem with the new file that I created. Is there a “trick” to get the terms link to work?

Not a podmin, so this might be wrong, but I’ll say it while waiting for someone more competent to turn up: I’m fairly sure that I’ve read before that when you make changes to diaspora.yml, you then need to restart the server. If you’ve done that, or if it doesn’t work when you do, sorry and hopefully someone will be along soon who can give you proper help.

Well I did restart diaspora* prior to posting that post., and I thought that would be sufficient …

Hi @Antisthenes and thank you for using diaspora*. Out of my mind, I would say that the waited file should be a .erb file, allowing you to write HTML with the “standard” syntax in it. At least that’s what I did for my my pod and it works. That being said, I would have thought that a .haml file should work too. So, double check the path of your file, and read log/production.log to know what’s going on exactly.