Why is the sign up hidden?

It took me time to find it. It’s not clearly posted on the main page. This may be limiting new member considerably. Are most people on private servers? :slightly_smiling_face:

Which “main page”? The diasporafoundation.org site has a green “Join us!” in about the same spot I see it on most sites. It doesn’t really seem hidden. Where were you looking?

The site was diaspora.social. I was able to locate the sign up. That was the the first page that came up in my search engine. I’m having other issues as well. There is no password verification and I must have hit the wrong key. I’m not receiving recovery instruction. It would be very helpful if you could send it to me. I am so sorry for the inconvenience and would like to thank you for your fast response to the topic I posted.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Disregard the I got in. Thank you

It’s important to remember that every Diaspora “pod” (Or website you go to) is a separate entity, administered by a separate individual. The website here is for the Diaspora software itself. Diaspora.social is one of many web servers running the Diaspora software, and is administered by a separate person/entity.

If it’s hard to sign up on Diaspora.social, that’s a problem over there. There are many other Diaspora pods to choose from!

1 Like