I think we need a proper vote on this before changing direction, as it is an important matter. It looks as though we have a consensus, but that is only among 5 or 6 people.
It would be best I think to have proposal and vote in the root group (Diaspora Community) of this Loomio group, so that everyone who’s signed up here will see it and can contribute, not only those who are a part of the Outreach group.
I’d say the first proposal and vote would be simply about the change from Diaspora* to diaspora* in text and logos, and we can vote on any other issues later.
Collating information from below, it looks as though the suggested practice (assuming the vote to move to lower-case diaspora* is passed) is:
- change branding in text and logos to all lower case, with the asterisk: that is, diaspora*;
- use the Roboto bold font for logos: https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Roboto
- the logo should be either diaspora* or the asterisk alone.
- in longer text documents, it is fine to use Diaspora (capital, no asterisk) where diaspora* repeatedly would start to look intrusive.
- colours? (Fla mentioned this - I think we leave this up to individuals, just as different pods already have colour variants on the asterisk).
- also fine to create and use other artwork eg hand-drawn asterisks.
As this is a fairly central issue it would probably make sense for someone ‘official’ like @seantilleycommunit to start the proposal, but I’m happy to do it if you want me to.