Concerns Re: Abuse & Child Safety

Correction: it was my camera that wasn’t trusting its EXIF data to the internet, not Diaspora. Other cameras that export more data appear to have it passed unmolested.

Wait wait wait WAIT. L4COF, in a yes or no answer, do you have concerns with the NSFW tagged content on Diaspora?

@l4c0f I agree. This topic should be deleted or locked.

The good thing about this post is that this guy is truly a deep idiot, if diaspora continues to grow we will have more of these, we can understand it as a practice for dealing with them

Dealing with ? Hell yeah ! I spent a working day trying to reason him… :confused:

Yeah, it just seems like this conversation is running in circles and getting nowhere at this point…

I asked them a question. Still waiting on a response.

FWIW, I just proposed this: https://www.loomio.org/d/ikJUaz3l/word-tag-filter-option

It’s somewhat relevant to the original discussion brought up here.

@bradkoehn Yep, just verified that. I used exiftool to enter some EXIF data (GPS latitude) into an image and verify that the data was there; then, I uploaded it to my account, downloaded it, and tested it with exiftool. The data was gone! So, it seems that @l4c0f is mistaken.

Oh… But do you still plan to implement a steganography option on D* to piss of the NSA ? xD

@augier We do get some users that are pretty…er…enthusiastic about security. I don’t believe that D* was ever envisioned as the ultimate in crypto communications, though. It’s a social network, running on free software, that gives users control over their data. That’s it. If somebody thinks that they need military-grade security, they should be using some other service.

@brentbartlett : ow ow ! I was just joking ! :slight_smile:
If I want perfect security and cryptography for my data I just shut down Internet. xD

Honestly, feel free to delete this entire thread if you all really are that unable to understand the data / info.

I tried, InfoSec has no place here amongst you.

https://twitter.com/L4C0F/status/490252485651464192

You said it three times, buddy, I think we got the idea :wink:

So, one thing that I don’t get, @l4c0f : How is it that you bash us for “advocating censorship” and also harboring trolls that harass people endlessly in one breath?

On a decentralized network, there really isn’t censorship, save for what a podmin chooses to delete. And if you don’t like having a podmin delete what you say, you can go start your own pod and practice speech as free as you would like it to be. Go crazy.

If I run my own pod and see NeoNazi stuff showing up on it, I’d warn the people on my pod to knock it off or risk getting banned. This is my own personal stance; in a decentralized system there is no over-arching model of censorship that affects everyone, because pods are all across the open web. It’s impossible to enforce, and that is the point of decentralization: no looming central authority. Those people on my hypothetical pod can go start their own pod, but I won’t host the content.

Secondly, the report button is exactly suited for the very thing you’re complaining about: reporting harassment.

Logistically speaking, you can either advocate free speech, or you can advocate some level of censorship. You cannot have both simultaneously.

https://twitter.com/L4C0F/status/490273511571599360

At least we tried…

Proposal: Close Thread / Delete Post

Outcome: N/A

Votes:

• Yes: 3
  • Abstain: 0
  • No: 7
  • Block: 9

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.

Focal, its for each pod to set the rules on the tos page. Diaspora is software and im sorry if you don’t understand that. If you want to improve the software then commit code.

I was discussing this on Twitter with him yesterday, then i stumbled onto his profile. He actively supports the NSA who pass photos of naked teenagers and adults around the offices according to the guardian, so much for child protection huh? Oh and he said he wants to punch snowden. Also focal if you are so intent on leaving diaspora alone why to you keep threatening to litigate. Who exactly are u going to take legal action against?