Diaspora* at FOSDEM 2016

@zauberstuhl do you have the specs for the wingflag?

Believe in “Law of attraction”: if we get the design for the wingflag, we’ll definitely get the stand. :stuck_out_tongue:

@zauberstuhl by specs I mean sizes, etc., so I can replicate it on Inkscape.

@hola I am currently in vacation I’ll send you the details when I am back :slight_smile: I really appreciate it if you help me out!

@zauberstuhl awesome! Enjoy your vacation!

Good news, we get the table babies!

Awesome!!! I’ll be speaking at FOSDEM on Feb 1st, time is 13:35 but I’ll be arriving at 11:15 so I asked them to reschedule for a little later.

I’ll be staying at Brussels on Feb 2nd too, I’d like to visit Paris on the 3rd, and then I’ll be in Berlin until Feb 18th.

Who is in for an after-FOSDEM Diasporian meeting on Brussels for Feb 2nd?

Super awesome!

So, who is coming to “work” at the diaspora* stand? I’m available for the whole time. @flaburgan is engaged with Mozilla, right? @zauberstuhl is coming? @augier ? @steffenvanbergerem ? Anyone else?

Any ideas on hotels/etc? I’ll book flights now that the table was confirmed prob tomorrow, arrival maybe on the saturday, leave probably monday evening. The only hotel mentioned by FOSDEM is booked full: https://fosdem.org/2015/practical/accommodation/ … I’m ok with hostel etc, though at this age I do appreciate hotel too :smiley: Would be fun to hook up with some other d* people.

Other things:

• We need some visual stuff for the table - @zauberstuhl suggested a wingflag?
  • We should IMHO print flyers and stickers. Any places of recommendation? Can handle that if someone does the poster design.
  • T-Shirts for the participants? :slight_smile:

Also, we do have some money available via the FSSN - we should have a vote on whether we will try to use that for the winflag, stickers, posters, etc.

Nice to meet some of you IRL! :smiley:

I think I’m comming, yes, at least I’ll try. I’ll make it in train and about the hotel, I’l try to find a youth hostel (auberge de jeunesse in french) as I don’t have lots of money. I won’t stay any longer than the week-end though, as I resume the courses on feb so I can’t take holidays.

I have lectures on monday and a job at the university so I can only stay there for the weekend. I wasn’t able to plan it yet but I also think that I will come and try to find a youth hostel or something similar.

Same for me: I’ll be there but I’ll probably go back on sunday evening.

I can ask a friend of mine who lives in Brussels about hotels, if that would help.

Awesome! I’ll arrive on Sunday noon and my talk is at 3:30 PM, so I’ll be able to help at the booth only for a few hours :P.

+1 for the stickers, it’s the cheapest option with the greatest reach.

I might attend FosDem with a friend so if I find a third Parisian that want to come, I’ll come by car, it will be cheaper.

@hola https://sechat.org/uploads/images/scaled_full_e484d7153739cc279033.jpg
I guess 2.2 meters height is enough, no?

I am also “only” available on the weekend,
but I am pretty sure that is still enough time to have some chatting :slight_smile:

FYI: I am driving with the car from Karlsruhe to Brussels.
So if someone is on my route I can pick him up!

Proposal: Should we use Diaspora money for FOSDEM advertising?

We do have some money available via the FSSN - we should have a vote on whether we will try to use that for the winflag, stickers, posters, etc.

We should also think about how much we’d like to spend!

Outcome: N/A

Votes:

• Yes: 9
  • Abstain: 0
  • No: 0
  • Block: 0

Note: This proposal was imported from Loomio. Vote details, some comments and metadata were not imported. Click here to view the proposal with all details on Loomio.

@zauberstuhl awesome! How much is the winflag?

Just an addition to the proposal - we can decide to request support from the FSSN but whether or not they will help is case by case. I’m thinking paying for material for an open source conference will have a good possibility of passing.

@jasonrobinson normally you have to calculate ~100 euros, but I have someone who could give it to me cheaper… lets see.

@zauberstuhl we have something than ~700$ USD.

To use it in bug bounties is nice too, but promotion is great yeah.

I’ll be at FOSDEM too :smiley: Will be a pleasure to meet you all there!

@flaburgan

we have something than ~700$ USD.

We don’t have a single penny unless we’ve figured out how to properly access the money. Please don’t act like we do. :wink: