Introductions

Hi Mads, and a big welcome. It’s fantastic that you not only want to use Diaspora but want to help the project as well. And especially if you can do something that hasn’t been done before, by translating the interface into a new language, it will help Diaspora become accessible to more people (although are there any Danes who don’t speak fluent English??). I’m another non-technical person, I do writing and editing and a bit of design, and chip in where I can. There’s room for all sorts of people in this project.

Thanks Jason and Goob for the warm welcome :slight_smile:

Hehehe Goob, I think you are right, most Danish people do speak fluent English =o)

Hi all. Podmin @ d.viewskew.com. Just dropping in to participate and offer a few opinions here and there. :slight_smile:

From New Zealand. I’m a Server Admin and Systems Engineer.

I have little to no programming exp (unless you count GWBasic), but networking and servers are my thing.

Happy to help out where I can, and willing to take on most projects.

Last job had me in control of a team of 3 technicians, but after being made redundant, I have since started my own small home business repairing PC’s and Laptops.

Hello, Torsti from Finland. Been on D* a bit over two years, but haven’t really contributed much to the project so far. Now I’m trying to figure what would the most useful way to do so (besides commenting on loomio).

As a hobby I dabble with programming, when I’ve the time, but as of now don’t really have much to give on the Ruby/RoR/javascript front. I’ve played around a bit more with Python and some compiled languages (C, Ada). I also do some small time system administration, but haven’t got around to setting up a pod yet. Other than that, I’ve worked a bit with GIS, mesh networks and databases. Not quite professional on those fronts either :wink: Also got some experience with organizing (small) events, bookkeeping, project proposals, project coordination and the like.

I probably could start with looking at translation/documentation and then maybe find a nice place to run a pod of my own.